Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Liquid material texture scale

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
andyjg
338 Views, 2 Replies

Problem with Liquid material texture scale

Hi all,

I have a small issue that I would really appreciate some help with. I am trying to add an ocean type effect for a view of a ship I am putting together for work. I have added a very large but flat cylinder to the view that I can add a material to.

My problem is that when I add the material 'Tropical Blue' to the cylinder (or any other liquid material), the actual scale of the water texture is far too small to see from a distance. Only after I zoom right in can I see the actual texture of the water. Please can I have some help on this? It looks like I just need to increase the scale of the texture somehow but I can't figure out how. I am using Navisworks 2016 but also have the same issue on Navisworks 2017. See screenshots below.

Zoomed out.png

Zoomed In.png

The diameter of the 'ocean' is 1km. The ship is not in the view but is about 200m long.

Many thanks,

Joe

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Have you ever found a solution to this issue? Having the same problem 5 years later and not a single solution to be found anywhere...

Message 3 of 3

See my answer in THIS thread. Might be applicable for you too.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report