Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NavisWorks Simulate 2018 - Changelog or update summary?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
justinm6WPPM
982 Views, 7 Replies

NavisWorks Simulate 2018 - Changelog or update summary?

Hello,

I received a notice today from AutoDesk that an updated version of NavisWorks Simulate is available. Is there a listing somewhere of what changes have been made in this version? I am hesitant to upgrade not knowing what has changed...

I am essentially a newbie when it comes to AutoDesk products/BIM in general, so apologies if this is a dumb question.

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JoeVernice
in reply to: justinm6WPPM

I also received an email notice that Navisworks Manage 2018 was ready for download. I too cannot find any information on this new release.

JMV

Message 3 of 8
dgorsman
in reply to: JoeVernice

Historically you've been able to run multiple versions side-by-side.  Typically I have at least two and as many as four installed at any given time.  The help file will have a new features list.

Still, I don't see it up on the Autodesk page yet even though AutoCAD, Inventor, and similar "front line" products are up.  The Navisworks team may be running a bit behind.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 8
JOHNLLOYD7213
in reply to: dgorsman

Maybe there are no changes hence no change log.

If you read between the lines here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/moving-to-subscription/bd-p/2017

it seems that the latest autodesk business model is to charge victims much more for far less.

There's a backlash storm brewing...

Message 5 of 8
JoeVernice
in reply to: JOHNLLOYD7213

I was looking for the 2018 NWC exporter utility download and noticed the page has been "404" the past two days.

http://www.autodesk.com/products/navisworks/autodesk-navisworks-nwc-export-utility

JMV
Message 6 of 8
dgorsman

@JoeVernice - confirmed, and that's not good.  Could be a technical problem on their side.  Just to be certain, see if there's a "report this" on the page so somebody is aware of it.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 7 of 8
JoeVernice
in reply to: dgorsman

@dgorsman- I couldn't find a "report this" on the page. In fact, I couldn't find anything on the Autodesk website that would point me in the right direction either. I tried their "virtual agent" AVA, which was no help at all. I guess I'll start a top level thread to call more attention to this issue.

Thanks,

JMV

Message 8 of 8
JoeVernice

@dgorsman- I received a quick response in "Installation & Licensing", a new download link was posted:

http://www.autodesk.com/products/navisworks/3d-viewers

They are looking into the original link.

JMV

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report