Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks 2017 won't load up NWD. Screen just stays white.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
gerardmcelwee
1678 Views, 3 Replies

Navisworks 2017 won't load up NWD. Screen just stays white.

Hi everybody was hoping one of you gurus could help me get my Navis works up and running. 

Basically when I open Navis works 2017, the computer slows down screens flash black a bit then it eventually opens - Message down bottom displayed says "displayed driver stopped working, Has now recovered" (Specs are i5 4GB ram, should be plenty good enough with graphics card etc as have been running 2013 in past). So screen comes up but doesn't completely load up top ribbon. See picture 1.Navis 1 - Screen not complete load up top.JPG
On loading a file the screen stays exactly the same basically, maybe just with a few diff options on the right hand side. 
Has anyone experienced anything similar or got any ideas why the project isn't loading up? I completely removed older versions even deleted from registry.

SOS Cheers guys

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: gerardmcelwee

Hate to say it, but 4 GB RAM just doesn't cut it these days; technically that's stated as a minimum to operate, but real world files require more.

While it may have run Freedom 2013, that's a long time ago.  New programs have new requirements, especially in the graphics area.  You might see if the drivers for your graphics card (it is a separate GPU, and not the one integrated in the CPU, right?) need to be updated to something more recent.  Older generation cards may not meet the program requirements at all, in which case it will revert to software acceleration, which it sounds like.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
gerardmcelwee
in reply to: dgorsman

Thank you for this. Problem solved. Need computer upgrade, did some tests after your solution and penny dropped when CPU AND RAM when through window upon opening a few softwares at once. 

Thanks for solution

Message 4 of 4
wmak
in reply to: dgorsman

Hi, one of my users are experiencing the exact problem, and they have 8GB of ram. we've tried different versions (2017/2019/2020) of navisworks and have the same problems, any other ideas?

windows 10 Pro 64 bit

intel i5-2400@3.1

8GB ram

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report