Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid file file-attach dwf/dwfx

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
anchores
468 Views, 4 Replies

invalid file file-attach dwf/dwfx

problem 1:

i am trying to attach a dwf/dwfx to autocad mep 2018.  i get an invalid file file.  Ive exported from both navisworks and design review with the same results.   note this is file is a component of a larger layout, for example, a motor in an electrical room.  

problem 2: im ultimately looking to import that modeled motor revit file into an autocad drawing , then into navisworks.   Once it is in navisworks, it only shows as a block.  no details of motor. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: anchores

1) DWF or DWFx from Navisworks?
2) REVIT to DWG strips the families information into individual blocks inside your now "all engine" block most likely.
Message 3 of 5
anchores
in reply to: pendean

ive tried both dwf and dwfx
do you think that a saved .dwg from revit, opened and saved in autocad .dwg will load all details of model into navisworks?
Message 4 of 5
eric.zhang305

Hello @anchores, Do you know where the DWF file is coming from? 

Here are steps to open DWF in AutoCAD: 

• Open a blank drawing
  • Type in XREF on the command line
  • Top Left hand corner click on drop down, Attach DWF.

Can you attach the DWF file me to test?

Message 5 of 5
eric.zhang305

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem. Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.
Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report