Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Output

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cslatteryB6FYU
915 Views, 5 Replies

Image Output

Hello

Does anyone know how to output a high resolution image from Navisworks Manage. Clicking the image button in render only outputs a small low res file. We want to print out model at 36"x60", I would like to do it without the sky and horizon. I had to insert a shape for the ground to get shadows. I did the modeling in Inventor 2018 but Inventor does not render shadows in Studio.

Chris

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

you can use the save image button and enter any resolution and MSSAA setting.

Make sure you enable ambient occlusion for more realistic effect.

Ronald Loggen
Sr. Consultant
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 3 of 6

That does not work. The export image on the render tab does not have those options. I want to save a ray traced image with shadows and the export image tool on the viewpoint tab is grayed out when the scene is raytraced.

Message 4 of 6

Have you tried changing the exposure settings, to lighten the scene ?

Roamer_2018-02-26_14-28-05.png

Ronald Loggen
Sr. Consultant
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 5 of 6

yes. i have everything adjusted and it looks fine. When you go to export image, it is a small low resolution file. There is no way to make a large high resolution image file with a ray traced view. We want to print one out 5' wide by 3' tall and have it look fairly decent. The output I am getting is no where near suitable. I did the model in Inventor, and Inventor does not have the ability for a geographic location and a time. But I was able to get a suitable shadow, but when you click render image in Inventor, the shadows do not show. Inventor 2018 must have a problem with this.

Message 6 of 6

Ok. I think I see what I was missing. I have to set up what I want in the rendering tab, but get out of ray trace. Then go to the viewpoint tab and use that export image and select the autodesk rendering and It will use the setting I have in the render tab. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report