Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field of View Changing on it's own..

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
SSiso
1279 Views, 2 Replies

Field of View Changing on it's own..

Is there a way to keep the Field of View from changing automatically when kicking out viewpoints in Navis?  I currently use a template for my Navis Models that carries all the settings we want so they will be the same on every job, but we are using a 3rd party program for grouping our clashes and exporting viewpoints.  The Issue we are having is that even though the field of view is set in our template at 50 degrees, any time we push out viewpoints the FOV changes to some awful setting over 100 degrees and fishbowls the whole model.  I know how to change the FOV back manually, and that I can edit the FOV of a saved viewpoint, but is there a way to change all the viewpoints FOV in one go?  Or better yet to Lock the FOV from being able to change at all?  Thanks for any input!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Patrick_Aps_9121
in reply to: SSiso

Perhaps export/import  the viewpoints to XML and edit the XML may do it "in one go"

Open your template

export the viewpoints as XML

edit the VOF of the current viewpoint

update the viewpoint

export the viewpoints again

then use an editor like notepad++ to search for the difference in the XML

when you have another NWF that has the problem,

export the viewpoints XML

Find and replace in the XML file

import it again.

Message 3 of 3
SSiso
in reply to: Patrick_Aps_9121

So this took me a few minutes to figure out what line actually referenced the Field of View, but I think you have the best work around fix for this issue untill we can get it stopped all together.  We're going to be setting up a script to replace this line in any given .xml report.  Thank you for this suggestion Patrick_Aps_9121.

The Camera projection line is the one that addresses Field of View for that viewpoint.  The Settings in this snip are exactly "50" for FOV  Just in case anyone is looking for this same information. 

script.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report