Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DGN to NWC mdl application

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
daniel.almeidaXZBC5
3288 Views, 11 Replies

DGN to NWC mdl application

Hi All,

I'm trying to import a DGN file, but lots of elements was not converted.

Googling about this issue, I find that it is necessary to use the nwc export utility in Microstation(link ref 1).

But when I put the command mdl load nwexport12 microstation return MDL Loader: Could not load application nwexport12 

I try to find the .ma file to refer in microstation but i couldn't find it, it's not in Navisworks Simulate 2016  instalation folder and in Navisworks 2016 64 bit Exporter Plug-ins

Could you help me to import the navisworks MDL library in microstation properly?

To export from DGN to NWC.

link ref 1: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/navisworks-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/20...

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

I'm sorry about the duplicity.

I found the solution here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/navisworks-forum/autodesk-navisworks-2015-exporter-plugins-installing...

The important information is that the DGN exporter is only in the 32bit version.

Regards

Message 3 of 12
ian
Participant
in reply to: daniel.almeidaXZBC5

Hi

Now that MicroStation CONNECT (64bit) is available and soon to be compulsory (V8i will be made obsolete this year), can we have a 64bit version of the Exporters please.

If this is possible, what time frame are we looking at ?

Thank you 

Ian Lapper

Message 4 of 12
ian
Participant
in reply to: ian

Hi Autodesk

From 1st January 2021.  All Bentley V8i (32bit) applications are no longer supported and users are forced to their new CONNECT version aka v10.  As mentioned this tool doesn't work with CONNECT.  With this in mind we really do need this converter.

can you update us when or if this is going to happen.

Thank you 

Ian 

Message 5 of 12
ian
Participant
in reply to: daniel.almeidaXZBC5

HI its mid 2021.  any updates on this please.   We need the plugin to work with MicroStation CONNECT

Thank you 

Ian 

Message 6 of 12
dominik.marti

hi Ian

do you have any news?

dominik

Message 7 of 12
ian
Participant
in reply to: dominik.marti

Sadly not. 

Also no one from Autodesk has replied, I was wondering if this forum monitored by Autodesk.....?

Message 8 of 12
dominik.marti

with the newest nwcexporter everything is working well.

Message 9 of 12
ian
Participant

great news. can you post a link to the installer please

Ian

Message 11 of 12
ian
Participant

Hi Dominic

i have tried the new CONNECT version of the NWC exporter.  Sadly I fails to load.  Can you outline what you did to make it work please.

IAn 

Message 12 of 12
dominik.marti

hi Ian

nothing special. it works like the older one's.

maybe you have to uninstall the older exporter's, or all and then install only the version 2023.

https://www.autodesk.com/products/navisworks/3d-viewers?_ga=2.46138215.1128728288.1621788806-1177203...

dominik

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report