Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clash Reports Approved and Reviewed Status Resetting- Tracking Clashes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
975 Views, 3 Replies

Clash Reports Approved and Reviewed Status Resetting- Tracking Clashes

I am runnign into an issue with Approved and Reviewed clahes resseting to new. If i update all clashes and a set or item is turned off the clashes that were approved/reviewed change status to resolved. However if i turn the sets/items back on they change from the resolved status to new. I need to properly trach these clashes and they keep getting reset. Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

Check the objects identified as clashing - are they identical before and after?  In some cases exporting NWCs or third-party applications which modify content will re-create the object, resulting in a "new" clash every time.  Managing that kind of external data is one of the hardest things to do when trying to create a traceable clash reporting system.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

I have had that issue when updating models... However this is when i am running clash reports with the models I have already pulled in. The models(dwg) are not changing they are already exported and pulled into my Navisworks Model. It is simple when I hide sets and accidently rerun the clash test they become resolved ( makes sense because the item is no longer visible) then when i go back to showing everything and rerun the report the clash goes back to new instead of approved.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I also continue to have the problem when updating the model with new CAD files from the subcontractors as well. Not only does it happen every time I use naviswork but everytime i update a subcontractor model I have to resort all of the clashes.Has anyone figured out the best practice to avoid this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report