Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cadworx plant to Navisworks

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Monicavillar
9897 Views, 5 Replies

Cadworx plant to Navisworks

Hi! I´m new in Navisworks Manager and I have problems with the conversion from Cadworx plant.Smiley FrustratedSmiley Frustrated

I need to convert with Navisworks from .dwg to .nwd but when I open the file in Navis I loose the properties of all the components, I can´t see the pipes properly.

Does anyone know why ?or... how I have to save the file in Cadworx?

-Navisworks manager version: 2016

-Cadworks plant version : 2015

Thanks a lot!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

download the Navisworks Exporters from http://www.autodesk.com/products/navisworks/autodesk-navisworks-nwc-export-utility
I beleive you need to choose the version equal to your AutoCAD version, so 2015.
After installing you should have an NWCout command in AutoCAD that can create an NWC with CADworx properties in NWC 2015 format.
This file then can be appended in Navisworks 2016 and saved as an NWD in 2016 format, or saved-as in 2015 and 2014 format
Message 3 of 6

Thanks a lot Patrick_Aps_9121 for your answer !!

your advice was very helpful!!Smiley WinkSmiley Wink

I finally found another way to do it changing settings on Navisworks but I´ll save your advice just in case of having ptoblems again, it´s practical.

Message 4 of 6
daniel.luce
in reply to: Monicavillar

Monicavillar, to see CADWorx in Navisworks, you said you found an other way by changing some settings in Navisworks.  Do you remember what they were?  I really would appreciate.  Thanks

Message 5 of 6

Hi, ask to your CADWorx dealer for the CADWorx Object Enabler or you cand find it in your installation disc, install it using administrator rights, restart your machine, then using Navisworks Simulate / Manage, save it as NWD, it can be oppened with Navisworks Freedom!! even you can lik it with MS Access / Excel to view as many information as you want!.

for more information you can visit:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/simplecontent/content/as-C3-AD-se-...

Best Regars, 

miguel.estupinan@xsystemla.com

Message 6 of 6
95adom
in reply to: Monicavillar

Hola, me podras pasar la configuracion que relizaste para resolver este problema por favor,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report