Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Plant 3D Model appear in Wireframe

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
4160 Views, 13 Replies

AutoCAD Plant 3D Model appear in Wireframe

Hi,

1. I created model in AutoCAD Plant 3D 2021. I have Object Enablers Installed In my PC with the same version. But when I append model in Navisworks Manage 2020 Some component showing in 2D Wireframe (Pipe Fittings see Attached Snap). I checked in Scene Statics in Which I found "Missing Object Enabler". I uninstalled and Installed it again and reload the model, but the problem is same. What is the problem?

1. I append model (DWG File) in Navisworks Manage 2020 I created Lines with line Nos. with layer. but in selection tree it is not showing. (See Attached Snap)

1. When I want to select particular line, but I can't select the single line when I click on it whole model is select. (See Attached Snap) Piperack is Xref in DWG file.Apper in Wireframe (Point No. 1)Apper in Wireframe (Point No. 1)Apper in Wireframe (Point No. 1)Apper in Wireframe (Point No. 1)Apper in Wireframe (Point No. 1)Apper in Wireframe (Point No. 1)No Line No. In Selection Tree (Point No. 2)No Line No. In Selection Tree (Point No. 2)Whole model is selected (Point No. 3)Whole model is selected (Point No. 3)
Tags (1)
Labels (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
PatrickDavis20
in reply to: Anonymous

When you appended the model to Navis, how did you do that. Did you open the DWG directly or using the Exporter to create a NWC?

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Patrick Davis
Twitter
LinkedIn
Blog
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: PatrickDavis20

From append I choose DWG file and open it. I will try to open threw exporter.

But the other question is that if I will open model threw exporter than it will be possible that What I update in Plant 3D Model at the same time after refreshing it I can see that changes in Navisworks also.

Message 4 of 14
PatrickDavis20

As long as you overwrite that original .NWC (do not rename it), then it will automatically update the .NWF file.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Patrick Davis
Twitter
LinkedIn
Blog
Message 5 of 14
Prasanth_R

Your wireframe problem is resolved? If not, you could try installing Plant 3D Object enabler or try the below solution. 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/navisworks-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcart... 

Message 6 of 14
Michael_Curtis_x4676

I have the same issue on some PCs, but others work fine. They were all loaded with the exact same software, including all Object Enablers. I've tried installing multiple versions of Plant 3D along with their respective enablers as well. Same issue on those same PCs. I can create an NWF by appending the DWGs on one PC and everything is fine, but if I create the NWF using the same method on some PCs, I get wireframes. If I view a NWF that was fine when created, on the problem PCs, it reverts back to wireframe. All Navisworks settings are identical. I've put full days into this issue, and I'm all tapped out. I've Googled for months, reinstalled all software and enablers rebooted between each install, and still no fix. It's become a pretty big issue, and all of the "solutions" have not resolved the issue. Looks like we'll just have to cross our fingers if our workstations are ever upgraded, and hope it works then... But who knows when that will be. This issue persists.

Message 7 of 14
Tomislav.Golubovic

On the PC's where it's not working, delete the NWC files, then re-open the NWF file. See if that works.

Message 8 of 14

We did that.. I honestly tried every solution I came across (I was serious about that). Created a NWF from a PC it works on and it looked good, opened on the other PCs (with identical hardware/software), boom wireframe. Deleted NWCs and reopened on the "other" PCs with fresh installs and reboots, still wireframe. Deleted NWCs and opened on the PC that works, looked fine. Saved as NWD from working computer, looked fine. Opened on other PC, wireframe.. Uninstalled Plant 3D and OE completely, reinstalled everything, and no change on the "problem" PCs. Created the NWF by appending dwg files individually, appended a master model which referenced the other models. Deleted NWCs and reopened, which created new NWCs as expected (same result with both configurations). Still wireframe. Reimaged one of the problem PCs completely, installed fresh software and OEs, wireframe.. I come across some tough issues every once in a while, but we resolve 99% of them, and offer workarounds for some. This is that 1% that is blowing my mind, and there is no workaround. These PCs are identical Dell workstations. I'll just keep poking at it. Maybe I'll get lucky someday... I'm going to play with it again on my own time (again) tomorrow. If I stumble across a solution, I will share.

Message 9 of 14
Michael_Curtis_x4676

BTW. The fix was…. Repair/Reinstall OEs, but the most important thing. Match the OE version to the Navisworks version, not the Plant 3D version. We were using Plant 3D 2021 with Navisworks 2019. Installing / reinstalling Plant 3D 2019 Object Enabler to match the Navisworks 2019 version was the main takeaway. While all of those PCs had the correct OE 2019 installed, I did a repair / reinstall of OE 2019 on the ones that still appeared wireframe, and did a reboot to fix it. Sometimes I had reinstall the OEs and Navisworks. What a pain. I was just running in circles because I assumed P3D OE 2021 was the correct OE, to match up the our P3D version 2021.

TLDR just match the P3D OE version to the Navisworks version. Uninstall and reinstall the OE a few times, and eventually it will work.

Message 10 of 14
carlcalvert6

s

Message 11 of 14
Ccb411

Hi, for your problem, use this command in P3D, PLANTSAVEDETAIL, with the value = 1

Message 12 of 14
Ccb411
in reply to: carlcalvert6

Hi, for your problem, use this command in P3D, PLANTSAVEDETAIL, with the value = 1
Message 13 of 14

use this command in P3D, PLANTSAVEDETAIL, with the value = 1

Save your file dwg, and updated your files in Navisworks

Message 14 of 14
Samir.JoshiQGAQE
in reply to: Ccb411

Awesome. 😀. It worked for me. 

My source model is in Plant 3D 2023 and it worked in both Navisworks 2021 and 2023.

Thanks a ton.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report