Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Damokaa
236 Views, 4 Replies

Animation

Hi I am trying a simple scene. Camera view view saved 10 secs and I am then trying to rotate a crane boom on the same 10secs I have saved my animation set and saved the keyframe moved the time on 10 secs rotated boom saved keyframe but it won't play back animation set for me for me ie. rotation of boom arghhhh.

Please help loosing the will to live!!!!!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
danielkazado
in reply to: Damokaa

Hi,

I did a similiar one with 2 tower cranes with rotation and camera and it works fine. Just to be sure in the first keyframe of tower crane did you move the base point before saving  the keyframe. If you may share the file I will be glad to review. 

Hope Helps...

001.JPG

Daniel Kazado

Please use Accept as Solution if your question is answered.
You may Give Kudos if the answer is helpful.
Message 3 of 5
Damokaa
in reply to: danielkazado

Hi,

Still the same thing...

Crane Swinging plus digger move forward and back again but the digger won't play with the crane only on its own.

Animation.JPG

Message 4 of 5
Jacob.westergaard
in reply to: Damokaa

Hi Damien,

Thank you for taking your time to post this on the forum, 

Which version and build of Navisworks are you working on? If you haven't already I would make sure to be running the latest build. 

Let me know how it goes, 

Jacob Westergaard

Autodesk Premium Support Team
AEC Premium Support Services
Message 5 of 5
Damokaa
in reply to: Jacob.westergaard

Hi I am running version 2017.

Latest build, dunno what that means?

I have been at this now for ages and wasted so much time!

My object animations will run some times but will not run other times. I have deleted and appended the objects back in and this works sometimes!

I my objects were Skech up files so I brought in some revit files and still the same thing. There is no logic to it unless I am missing something.

I understand that sometimes with navisworks there isn't logic but this can be worked around sometimes. I don't see how I can work around this.

If I put time into creating an animation for one of the objects not to move for some unknown reason I can't even make a correction ie. delete object bring it back in only for it not to work at all, where as this may have worked before. No logic.

I have been at this now for weeks and weeks I have searched forums and the web but nothing. I am upto date with the other aspects of navisworks but I can't get this part!

I am doing a Msc. BIM Management and should be writing my thesis but I need to work this out as simulations and animations are integral to navisworks.

Also I know of this forum and AUGI but as I have mentioned there isn't much feedback so I dont know how to resolve this, it has me baffled.

Any help I would gladly pay for so if there is any means of paying for a solution to this, grinds etc.

Regards,

Totally frustrated Damien

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report