Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

additional checking to clahes

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
pipapongo0909
373 Views, 7 Replies

additional checking to clahes

hi forum,
we are using Revit 2017 to model our BIM.
i am pretty new to navisworks and have to check our structural model for clashes.
that went not so bad so far. additionally i need to check if all elements are assigned to the right level, e.g. all the structural framing elements need to have the correct level as their "starting base offset". an element on the 5th floor can not be assigned to level 2 even if it is on the right place.
is this possible with navisworks to check. or do you have a workflow to do this in Revit directly? ( filters, view templates,....) thanks a lot

jeff

Jeff Wurth
BIM Manager | Dipl Ing. Bauingenieur
LinkedIn

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JvanReij
in reply to: pipapongo0909

Hello,

Assuming I understand your question correctly, I would use Revit schedules to do perform this model check.

You can very fastly add a bounding box for each level and show everything inside this bounding box displaced in a schedule. This way you can add the parameter you want to check. Like bottom and/or top constraint. Or Level in general. This way you can check if the right objects are placed at the right level (read: bounding box).

Some information about bounding boxes you can find in this link.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Best regards,
Josha van Reij
Arcadis NV
BIM manager

Message 3 of 8
pipapongo0909
in reply to: JvanReij

Hi @JvanReij,

tjanks for your answer. I tried already in Revit with Filters but i will have a look at the bounding boxes in combination with the schedules.

thanks

Jeff Wurth
LinkedIn

Message 4 of 8

Hi @pipapongo0909,

you can do everything you are asking in Revit.

Look at this. Model Checker.

http://www.biminteroperabilitytools.com/

Best

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button

Nicola Ianeselli
BIM Manager

Twitter | LinkedIn

Infraworks Ambassador

Want to present in Infraworks? Vote this up!

Message 5 of 8

Hi @Nicola_Ianeselli,

Thanks for the response. This looks really promising, that gets a high position on my todo list.

Thanks

Jeff Wurth
LinkedIn

Message 6 of 8

Hi @pipapongo0909,

let me know how it goes.

I am at your disposal for any clarification.

Best

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button

Nicola Ianeselli
BIM Manager

Twitter | LinkedIn

Infraworks Ambassador

Message 7 of 8

hi,
i installed th plugin yeasterday i i got the register dialog. we have a quite stict internet policy so only a few programs get through the proxy. do you happen to know if the connection needs to be permanent or could i open the connection, register and close again.
have you been working with navisworks? do you do all you model quality check with this plugin? i need some arguments to convince my boss for allowing this plugin to get through the proxy 😃
thanx
jeff

Jeff Wurth
LinkedIn

Message 8 of 8

Hi @pipapongo0909,

as far as I know it only needs the first connection. I think it may just need to be activated, but it is free.

Yeah I work with Navisworks a lot. I use the Model Checker because you can use the Checker Configurator.

It's a lot easier.

Reach me out if you have any question

Nicola Ianeselli
BIM Manager

Twitter | LinkedIn

Infraworks Ambassador

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report