Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Contact

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Max.H.Pour
676 Views, 4 Replies

Surface Contact

Hi,

I am just wondering if there is a way to select dedicated contact surfaces of each part/Assembly? especially when simulation includes complex models and so many parts It'd be very handy if there is a tool to select the contact surfaces under each part. 

For example, if I click on a part in my model, I am able to see it's contacts surfaces instead of searching between +1200 contact surfaces.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Regards,
Max H.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
KubliJ
in reply to: Max.H.Pour

Hi Max,

I apologize, I am not sure I understand the question.

Are you wanting to know if NIC can automatically generate contact definitions for each contact face?

Or are you asking that once contact is listed in the model tree, does selecting the each contact definition highlight the associated surfaces in the model?  Or the opposite, select the part and the associated contact for that part is highlighted in the tree?

Thanks,

James

James Kubli, P.E.

Please marked this as solved if your question has been answered.
Message 3 of 5
Max.H.Pour
in reply to: KubliJ

Hi James,

When you generate automatic contacts Is it then possible to select a part and see the associated contacts? 

Thanks,

Regards,
Max H.
Message 4 of 5
KubliJ
in reply to: Max.H.Pour

Hi Max,

Thanks for the clarification.  Unfortunately Nastran In-CAD does not have that functionality.  Currently you would have to edit each contact definition to see what parts/surfaces are defined by it.

I recommend adding this as a request on our Ideastation. There you can request feature enhancements and vote for other users requests.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

James

James Kubli, P.E.

Please marked this as solved if your question has been answered.
Message 5 of 5
Max.H.Pour
in reply to: KubliJ

Thanks for your reply James.

Regards,
Max H.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report