Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solidworks 2017

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
porca_paletta
1088 Views, 10 Replies

Solidworks 2017

Is NINCAD2017 compatible with the new solidworks2017?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hi @porca_paletta,

Nastran In-CAD 2017 supports working with Solidworks 2016 and Solidworks 2015, in addition to Inventor 2017. Dassault generally releases a new version of Solidworks in the September/October time frame, while new versions of Nastran In-CAD have come out in the March/April time frame. Because development are not able to code Nastran In-CAD around the unknowns of a future version from Dassault, we generally will not support the new version of Solidworks until the following full version year release of Nastran In-CAD.

Regards,

Andrew

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 3 of 11
steve
in reply to: Andrew.Sartorelli

Has there been any progress on integrating Nastran In-Cad with SW 2017?

I just upgraded to SW2017 and In-Cad is not available in the add-ins. I tried running both repair and reinstall without success.

Message 4 of 11
porca_paletta
in reply to: steve

I don't think so: I guess you need to wait for NINCAD 2018, in a 2-3 months

Message 5 of 11

Hi @steve,

We have not yet made an update to the software to allow it to work with Solidworks 2017. Traditionally due to the work required to support the new version of Solidworks, the update has come with our annual new version year, which has historically been in the March-April time frame. Although I can't give an official estimate of when Nastran In-CAD 2018 will be released.

Best Regards,

Andrew

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH
Message 6 of 11
steve
in reply to: Andrew.Sartorelli

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply.

I certainly hope that we have a solution soon. As you now, there's no round trip in SW to earlier versions so I'll be without analysis for 6 months every year until this is solved. That's a tough pill to swallow. My other add-ins like HSM continue to work fine through version updates.

Steve

Message 7 of 11
bryan_mcnatt
in reply to: steve

I'll throw in my two cents too.  As a soon-to-be-displaced Simulation Mechanical user and a heavy Solidworks user, I'm shopping for a replacement FEA program.  Nastran In-CAD is top of my list.  BUT, I could not EVER be shut out of my FEA package because a client was on, say, Solidworks 2017 and my In-CAD only worked with Solidworks 2016.  With SimMech (or any stand-alone pkg) I can deal with file incompatabilities via standard exports (STEP, IGES, etc.)  It would totally defeat the purpose of an embedded FEA like In-CAD to have to export from Swx2017 to STEP and then re-import into Swx2016, not to mention the hassle of having to have both Swx2017 and Swx2016 installed.

Bryan McNatt, P.E.
MRD Engineering
www.mrd-engineering.com
Message 8 of 11

NINCAD2018, just released, is SW2016 and SW2017 compatible

Message 9 of 11
John_Holtz
in reply to: porca_paletta

According to the read me page for InCAD 2018,

• Inventor Users: The supported Autodesk Inventor version (Standard and Professional) is 2018.
  • SOLIDWORKS Users: The supported SOLIDWORKS versions (Standard, Premium, and Professional) are 2016+ and 2017+

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 10 of 11
benalain13
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hi 

What about the compatibility in the down sense : suppose a company is moving from a SW version to the other very 3 versions.

With a given release, will this one be able to use the SW version wich is 2 or 3 years before ?

Thanks

Message 11 of 11
porca_paletta
in reply to: benalain13

This is the compatibility list (help online)

1) NINCAD2018: SW2016+ and SW2017+

2) NINCAD2017: SW2015SP1+ and SW2016

3) NINCAD2016SAP: SW2014SP1+ and SW2015

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report