Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor Mounting Base questions

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Morcuse
361 Views, 1 Reply

Motor Mounting Base questions

Hello,

I'm currently designing a mounting base for a motor running at a constant speed of 1700 rpm for an undergraduate project.

I've already run a linear static stress simulation and a modal analysis. The first two natural frequencies resulted in about 143 Hz and 292 Hz.

However, I wonder how to tell at what frequency of vibration the motor base will be subject to, in order to guarantee a safe operation of the motor.

Can you help me with that?

Thank you,

Roberto

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
John_Holtz
in reply to: Morcuse

Hi Roberto,

The mounting base will vibrate due to resonance with the motor if the motor operates at 143 rev/sec (8580 RPM) or 292 rev/sec (17,520 RPM). (In other words, 1 Hz = 1 cycles/sec = 1 rev/sec.) Since the motor is operating at a much lower speed, there should not be a problem with resonance. Unless the motor or its load is severely unbalanced, I think that it is unlikely that the motor will cause any vibration problem.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report