Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mesh Control for 1D line elements

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
676 Views, 3 Replies

Mesh Control for 1D line elements

Hi, expert!

"Mesh Control" can be used only for 3D solid model. Is this a correct understanding?

I'd like to control only Beam mesh size, when I have a Beam and Shell mixed model.

But its not work well...

Beam part is given by Frame Generator of Inventor 2017.

Best regards,

Akihiro

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
John_Holtz
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Akihiro (@Anonymous)

My understanding is that the "Mesh Control" dialog (in the "Mesh" panel of the ribbon) is for shell and solid elements. So far, I have not been able to make it do anything for beam elements.

But I have been able to control the size of beam elements by using the "Table" dialog (also in the "Mesh" panel). With the "Table" dialog, you can specify a different mesh size for each part. So if the beam elements are the only geometry in the part, you can control the size of the beams separately from the rest of the model. In other words, the part in the assembly only contains the sketch or sketches for the beams elements that you want to be N units long.

Let us know if that works.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hi, John,
Thank you very much for your reply! 

My model is pretty large, which consists about 200 frame members.  I needed long time to try your procedure.  I use the "Mesh Tabel", I can change mesh size of beam and of shell elements independently.

Your procedure work well !

Regards,
Akiihiro Matsuda

Message 4 of 4
TomE8
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello John or anyone else that may know,

In nonlinear analysis, is this still the only way to change the mesh density on line elements without changing globally?

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report