Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start a new clean simulation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mechamania
343 Views, 2 Replies

How to start a new clean simulation

Hi

I have an existing assembly with existing Nastran InCAD simulation. But this simulation is messed up (crashes) and I want to start with a clean simulation.

But when I delete the current one it crashes. And when starting a new one it copies data from the current one. So it is not clean.

How to start a new clean simulation?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AndrewSears
in reply to: mechamania

@mechamania, one trick that I have done is to demote everything to a new assembly.  Now you will have all of the original modeling data without the simulation data.  

To do this, select everything in the assembly, RMB and select Component/Demote.  If you have content center parts or design accelerator components, they might not all go with the demote. 

If this assembly is linked to another assembly, you will want to rename the demoted assembly to the correct name.

Hope that helps.

Andy 

Message 3 of 3

Hi @mechamania,

Another way to do what you want is to go into your registry and flip an entry. Changing "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Autodesk Nastran In-CAD 2017\NEiCAD\Debug Settings\Database Skip All" from 0 to 1, will skip the loading of previous Nastran In-CAD data. Once you save the model it will actually overwrite the database and delete the previous, possibly corrupt data. If you are going to use this method you should change the key with Inventor closed, open Inventor and Nastran In-CAD, save the model, close Inventor, and then immediately go and change this value back to 0. Failing to change the registry key back could result in you inadvertently wiping out data from other files, and this data is not recoverable after it has been overwritten.

Best Regards,

Andrew

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Andrew Sartorelli - Autodesk GmbH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report