Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bolt connector

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Max.H.Pour
966 Views, 4 Replies

bolt connector

Hi,

I understand the connector bolts are actually "numerical bolts" not the real bolts to simplify simulation process for more complex models. But the issue is where you have for example countersunk bolts while only flat head bolts are included in connector bolt list?

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Max H.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
John_Holtz
in reply to: Max.H.Pour

InCAD 2017 includes cap screws (that is, threaded bolt holes) as well as bolts (head and nut) after you set the type of connector to "Bolt". What version of InCAD are you using?

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 5
Max.H.Pour
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hi John,

I am using the latest version (In-CAD 2017 updated). I am aware of two types of bolts in In-CAD but any connectors for countersunk head bolts? 

Regards,
Max H.
Message 4 of 5
John_Holtz
in reply to: Max.H.Pour

Just to be clear, you are asking for a visualization that looks like this (or some variation of this): 

socket head bolt.png

As you pointed out, the bolt uses a beam element (or so I assume) in the analysis, so it really looks more like this -------------------------- (a line down the center of the shank).

Currently, there is no way to change the visualization of the bolt head (or nut for that matter). It sounds like that might be a worthy suggestion for the In-CAD Ideas page.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 5 of 5
Max.H.Pour
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. you are a fantastic human being.

That's correct. The countersunk head bolts look like the attached photo. But I am not sure when the head is not countersunk and it is assembled into countersunk bolt position it will have the same stress application. (Like the model I have sent you before).

Regards,
Max H.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report