Announcements
The Nastran Ideas Board will be archived on November 14, 2019. Please submit any ideas to the Inventor Nastran Ideas Board instead.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nastran Editor 2017 Queue Issues

Nastran Editor 2017 Queue Issues

It would be nice if when a model is running, if other files are opened and added to the queue during the run, that they would then also be run.  I just lost 10 hours of solve time because I added models to the queue of a model that was already running, and they did not run over night.  Also, on several occasions, I have had a queue not continue because after the first model in the queue is finished solving, a message box pops up and asks if I want to load the FNO file, and the solve pauses.  As I am not there and was planning for several models in the queue to run overnight, I again have lost solve time and been delayed effectively a day of work.

4 Comments
david_cordova
Autodesk

I like the idea of making the queue dynamic, but to avoid the problem with the message box pop ups, go to Setup > Default Settings.   In the General section increase the "Prompt to load ASCII input/output files over" to a larger value.  Then in the Post-Processing > Results Options section, either increase the "Prompt to load binary results files over" size or select the "Never load binary results files" option.

ryan.bolin
Contributor
Thanks, David! I will try that. Ryan
andrew.masto
Enthusiast

Great comment Ryan and thanks for the reply David.

On a related note, how can we set the scratch to permanently delete the residuals at the conclusion of the run?  i don't know how to do this so they just build up there until I remember to manually delete them, or the scratch disk gets full.  I use an SSD which is fast but not very big.... it's frustrating when a long job bombs out after hours of running because I forgot to clear the scratch disk manually.

Best,

Andrew

mitch.muncy
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report