Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nei Nastran Error with Hexmeshing Results

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
marcelo.mirandaZQ8PE
606 Views, 3 Replies

Nei Nastran Error with Hexmeshing Results

Hi all.

I am Marcelo Miranda and I work in Zodiac Aerospace, Brazil Facility, in Stress Department.

We create the FEM using FEMAP 11.1.2a and use NEi NASTRAN as solver of our analysis.

Since that we have an update in AutoDESK NASTRAN from 2015 to 2016 version, when we try to run the analyze using Hexmeshing Elements, I noted that some elements do not have results in stress.

As you can check in the image, Hexmeshing tools create some wedge elements also, (beyond the Hex/brick elements) and in these elements that we are not finding results in the stress analysis.

wedge element with no results.jpg

We do not know if there's some configuration that maybe could be lost in the software update or something like it.

The people that still have the 2015 version can run the analysis normally, getting results in all elements in the model.

If we create a FEM using TetMeshing, no problems were find after to run the analysis.

Resuming: 

• 2015 Version - No problems to run the analysis, all elements have results when the NASTRAN export the results to FEMAP;
  • 2016 Version - Wedge elements that are created using Hexmeshing, do not have results after NASTRAN export the results to FEMAP.

So, someone could help us with this issue?

Sincerely,

Marcelo Miranda

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Marcelo,

It sounds like a bug to me, but I will check if there is something else.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 4
John_Holtz
in reply to: John_Holtz

Hi Marcelo,

I have confirmed that it was a bug in version 2016. It was fixed in 2017 R1.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 4 of 4

Hi John.

Thanks for the answer. I will pass this info for all people in the department. 

Have a nice day and once again thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Marcelo Miranda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report