Inventor Nastran Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’sInventor Nastran Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Nastran topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMIGADD not working during random vibration run

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
ryan.bolin
533 Views, 0 Replies

DMIGADD not working during random vibration run

Hello,

I have a large assembly of DMIGs and residual bulk data and is assembled together with include statments and the case control cards:

DMIGADD KALL=KTSIS04,KSIMMP,KVDENC,KFOCPLC,KINSTCS,KFPDMNT,KFPDHSG,KFPDEXT,
             KKINMT
DMIGADD MALL=MTSIS04,MSIMMP,MVDENC,MFOCPLC,MINSTCS,MFPDMNT,MFPDHSG,MFPDEXT,
             MKINMT

K2GG=KALL
M2GG=MALL

I have run checkouts with the cards above and the exact same bulk data cards in a 1G acceleration analysis and a modal analysis, which both run successfully and produce results that I am expecting (SPC forces equal the weight for the acceleration run, modes very similar to a less detailed model).  When I run a random vibration analysis, however, I get:

FATAL ERROR E5008: NON-ZERO STIFFNESS MATRIX REQUIRED FOR ANALYSIS

I tried using the DMIGADD for KALL and MALL in a different random vibration analysis with two of the same DMIGs (TSIS04, SIMMP), and it ran fine.  When I look in the LOG file for the large assembly (trying to add 9 DMIGs together, which worked during static and modal analysis), the weight is way off.  When I ECHO the bulk data, all the DMIGs are being read in correctly.  When I compare the .LOG files between the successful random run ("2017_01-04_simmp_dmig_with_dmigs_mrad_zeta01_notched_x.OUT", attached here) and the unsuccessful random run ("sim_all_dmig_random_cla-x.LOG", attached here), it seems the successful run went through "MODULE SEQUENCE FOR SOLUTION: MODAL FREQUENCY RESPONSE" and "ADDING DIRECT MATRIX INPUT: KALL", and the unsuccessful for some reason went through "ASSEMBLY SEQUENCE FOR SUPERELEMENT 70000000" and "COUPLED MASS MATRIX FORMULATION USED".  To me this is saying that the DMIGADD is not working for my 9 superelements, and I have no idea why.  The DMIG files (*.BDF files) do not have any calls for "Begin Super" or anything like that; they only contain the matrix information.

I have attached the .LOG files from the successful run (begins with "2017_01-04...") and the unsuccessful run ("sim_all_dmig_random_cla-x.LOG").

Why is this not working?

Thank you,

Ryan Bolin

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report