Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING 700990

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
1217 Views, 11 Replies

WARNING 700990

Hi,

I am running a cool+fill+pack+warp analysis with dual domain mesh.  The analysis keep s failing due to this warning:

** WARNING 700990 ** Solution iteration limit reached before convergence

Solution error = 1.8000 F

| 1| -1.000| 0| 1.000000| 0| 0.000000| 1.000000|

+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+

** WARNING 700490 ** Problem encountered in circuit with inlet node 404018.

The energy equation has not converged.

Convergence residual = 1.00000E+000

** WARNING 700490 ** Problem encountered in circuit with inlet node 404010.

The energy equation has not converged.

Convergence residual = 1.00000E+000

First, I completely re-modeled the cooling channels.  Connectivity checks out.

I tried changing coolant control options (Re=10000, specified flow rate = 1.89)

I tried increasing cycle time  = 30sec

I tried increasing maximum mold temperture iterations

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Evan

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
madhukeshwart
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

1. check for warnings in log  like 'elements too close warnings'. During the boundary element integration of the Cool analysis, two elements were found to be in too close proximity to one another. If the distance between the centroids of two elements is less than 10 percent of the average edge length of either triangle, then the warning is triggered. This warning may arise if a cooling circuit element intersects a triangular element.

ex : 

** WARNING 700955 ** Two elements are too close First Element: id = element number, location = location. Second Element: id = element number, location = location.

2. check mesh for higher aspect ratio elements  & fix them 

3. check for sharp corners in model, they might be creating mesh errors, fix them or suppress them.

4. Try to fix intersection between part elements and cooling system elements 

5. remove small letters and fillets, which might be creating higher aspect ratio.

refer following links for more details 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/moldflow-flex/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/MoldflowInsight360/files/GUID-8B462AE3-F356-4FA8-81D2-F409500F7057-htm.html

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/moldflow-insight/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU/MoldflowInsight/files/GUID-03B699FC-5447-42D5-9E0D-4EF5A11A71A7-htm.html

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/moldflow-flex/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/MoldflowInsight360/files/GUID-52347C20-9C45-4843-8410-5512439F098F-htm.html

Madhukeshwar Talwar

FORD MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED, Chennai
mail: madhukeshwart@gmail.com
======================================
Please use . Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you! .....
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: madhukeshwart

1. No element too close warning

2. Aspect Ratio:
    Maximum    Average    Minimum
      10.13       1.66       1.16

3. No sharp corners

4. No intersections between part elements and cooling elements.  But the sprue element is intersecting the mold surface element, which has not been an issue in the past.

5. Removed cavity I.D. # (indented 0.002" into part).  Analysis failed again.  Same reason.

Thank you for your suggestions

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

look for duplicate beams or discounted elements 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

It looks like the beam count is correct.  I have attached a screenshot. 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

not sure, might have to look the model to get a better assessment

Message 7 of 12
kristen.kilroy

Hi @Anonymous, 

Can you duplicate your study and switch that duplicate one to just a Fill analysis, then try running that?

This sometimes shows different errors than the Cool analysis, more specific to part mesh (which I've seen this error appear with occasionally).

I recently wrote the following article (listed below), based on a support case from a user seeing this same error with their midplane-meshed model. The issue ended up being related to a few elements not having a thickness assigned to them (just needed to add the thickness manually through the Properties dialog).

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Kristen Kilroy

in reply to: kristen.kilroy

sounds a bit familiar   🙂 

Message 9 of 12
kristen.kilroy

@Anonymous

Happy to share what we learn through support cases by publishing these articles! Smiley Wink

Kristen Kilroy

in reply to: kristen.kilroy

Interesting...I did not see any issues with element thickness.  However, I highlighted all the elements of the part surface in contact with BeCu core inserts and specified BeCu through the properties dialog - mold properties - mold material.  Maybe that has something to do with it.

Anyways, I duplicated the study and am running a fill analysis in hopes to get more insight.

Thanks

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

did you create an insert and/or highlighted the elements where it would interface the part?

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

When I duplicated the study and performed a fill analysis, the analysis completed without any warnings.  I decided to redo the entire study. I highlighted the elements that would interface the BeCu core insert. There must have been some error with the cooling circuit that was not obvious.  Anyways, the "redo" study completed successfully.  Thanks for your input. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report