Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set varying Mold Surface Temperature

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
andre.lass-ITU
1024 Views, 6 Replies

Set varying Mold Surface Temperature

Hello, 

It may be a simple question, but i don't know if Autodesk Moldflow Insight can handle this:

Is it possible to define different temperatures to the surfaces of the mold part? Like: the upper surface may have 45°C, while the bottom surface is having 60°C? Currently, i can only find the option to define a mean temperature for the complete mold surface...

with kind regards

Andre

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

With a Dual Domain meshing, you can apply different temperatures for the surfaces in contact of the cavity and of the core.

For that, select the triangles of the cavity (you can put them on a special layer) and change their properties:

Properties / Mold properties / Assignment / Top = cavity

Same thing for Top = core.

Then, go to the Process settings: 

Advanced options / Process controller / Temperature control / Mold temperature control / Cavity differs from core

and set the 2 temperatures.

It is not possible to set more than 2 different temperatures.

Another way, usable with the 3 meshing types, is to model the circuits.

But this work is longer and the calculation also.

Signature: "Maybe Moldflow does not work properly, but the real world neither" my son...6 years old 😉

Message 3 of 7
mppkumar
in reply to: andre.lass-ITU

Hi @andre.lass-ITU

diff temp.PNG

In case of Dual domain and 3D you need to select and separate out core and cavity elements & assign the temperature 

for Dual domain:

Capture1.PNG

in case of 3D

Capture3.PNG

Hope this helps

Thanks
M P Pradeep Kumar

If my views / comments acceptable, provide "Kudos" as appreciation, if answers your query, please click the "Accept as Solution"
Message 4 of 7

So if i conduct an cooling(FEM) simulation before fll+pack will there be a temperature profile on the surfaces? Or does MoldFlow always assume an isotherm mold?
Message 5 of 7
mppkumar
in reply to: andre.lass-ITU

Hi @andre.lass-ITU

when we perform cooling analysis, mold temperatures will be taken and assumed from cooling results

You can review the cooling results 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/moldflow-insight/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/...

If cooling analysis is NOT performed then Moldflow assumes uniform mold temperature 

Thanks
M P Pradeep Kumar

If my views / comments acceptable, provide "Kudos" as appreciation, if answers your query, please click the "Accept as Solution"
Message 6 of 7
mppkumar
in reply to: mppkumar

Hi @andre.lass-ITU

Did my post solves your query

if you need any additional information, please let us know

Thanks
M P Pradeep Kumar

Message 7 of 7
rpociask
in reply to: mppkumar

Hi.

The mold clamping force is calculating in Z direction, so why the TOP=cavity and BOTTOM=core is not always putted automatically in the same direction?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report