Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with 'Reflect' tool in AMI 2017.3

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
birajlahkar
638 Views, 4 Replies

Problem with 'Reflect' tool in AMI 2017.3

There is a problem with 'reflect' option too. I hope the below example is self-explanatory. 

reflect tool.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Paul.Larter
in reply to: birajlahkar

Hello, 

Can you please make sure in 2017.3 that the reference point is the correct coordinate you wish to use. There is a known issue that if you select a node the reference point field is not updated. This issue is addressed in our next quarterly release.

The solution now in 2017.3 is to either make a query of the node or use the measure tool to get the coordinates, and then copy and paste these into the reference point field.  

Regards

Paul

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Paul Larter
Message 3 of 5
birajlahkar
in reply to: Paul.Larter

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

Yes it's happening, exactly what you said. We'll manage it making 'query' (or using 'measure' tool) until next release.

Regards,

Biraj

Message 4 of 5

we are seeing the same issue with rotating parts around an axis.  Thanks for the tip.

Message 5 of 5

Hello, Yes, this issue affects the move commands that use a reference point like Rotate, Scale and Reflect. This issue is fixed for our next quarterly release.

Regards

Paul

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Paul Larter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report