Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moldflow 2023 is now available!

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
raalteh
5281 Views, 21 Replies

Moldflow 2023 is now available!

Dear Moldflow User Community!

I’m very pleased to announce the release of Moldflow 2023 products. When you have an active subscription of Moldflow Insight and/or Moldflow Adviser products you should be able to see your 2023 installers in Autodesk Accounts (https://profile.autodesk.com/personalinfo) and be able to generate your Network license keys.

A summary of the release can be found below, and more details can be found in the online help.

raalteh_0-1663221191143.png

A few IMPORTANT things (also see the attached 'Moldflow 2023 Getting started.mp4'):

• Moldflow Insight and Moldflow Synergy are installed through one installer. You will see an installer for the Moldflow Insight solver and Moldflow Synergy, but they are the exact same installer; you do NOT have to download both.
  • During the Moldflow Insight installation, you will not have to make a choice which version of the Insight. The same goes for Moldflow Adviser; you do not make a choice between Moldflow Adviser Premium or Ultimate at install time.
  • Autodesk 2023 products include NLM version 11.18.0.0; all network license servers working with 2023 products must also run NLM version 11.18.0.0. The 2023 Autodesk products cannot get licenses from a server running NLM 11.16.2.0 or lower. However, older versions of Autodesk products will still work with NLM 11.18.0.0.  Follow this link for help to get the new Network license installed and configured.
  • VERY IMPRTANT: If you are a Moldflow network license (today Moldflow users do), the first thing you should do is to start the Moldflow License configuration tool and configure what license type you use, what Moldflow Insight license you have and where the license server is located. (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Moldflow Synergy 2023\bin\mlc.exe).

raalteh_1-1663221191145.png

More detailed information on getting started is included in the "Moldflow_2023_Getting_Started.pdf" in the attached "Moldlfow 2023 documents.zip" file . 

New User License

A big part of the 2023 release is the introduction of a Named User (or User license) model for Moldflow products. This is a new licensing model that steps away from out traditional licensing method, and instead uses logins. Access can be managed by administrators through Autodesk Accounts, on an individual and teams basis.

This new license type exists next to the current network and TFLEX license type. Once your Moldflow subscription term ends you will have an option to move to the new User License.

The User license for Moldflow Insight is simplified product offering that provides access to both the Synergy user interface AND Moldflow Insight Ultimate solvers, on an individualized basis.

The user will be able to have Synergy open on one machine using his/her login, and will be able to solve up to three analyses simultaneously on the local machine or on the network.

A command line workflow is also supported on both Windows and Linux machines, with the use of a new Key (token) that can be created in Synergy and can be provided as part of the command line arguments.

More information on the new User License can be found in the "Moldflow_2023_Named_User.pdf" in the attached "Moldflow 2023 documents.zip".

New features and Enhancements

Moldflow 2023 includes a number good feature to help accelerate the time to solution and accuracy. A few items to call out are:

• the ability to apply the shrinkage compensation to cavities that are displayed.
  • New Grill element properties on 3D tets to reduce the time to solution for models with grill patterns. This is conceptually similar to what has existed in midplane as shape factors for a long time.
  • In addition to this, there are many smaller and bigger enhancements to the solvers, the user interface, meshers, CAD translators and the Simulation Compute Manager, and the Solver API.
  • Various developments are exposed in the Scandium Technology Preview.
  • Details can be found in the "Moldflow_2023_features.pdf" in the attached "Moldflow 2023 documents.zip".

With this release we have set a major step into the future. 

Best regards,

Hanno van Raalte and Injection Molding Development team

Known issues

We documented a number of known issues 'Moldflow_2023_Known Issues.pdf' which can find in the "Moldflow 2023 documents.zip". This includes some work arounds when available.

Hanno van Raalte,

Product Manager - Injection Molding & Moldflow products
Tags (1)
Labels (1)
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
arminkech
in reply to: raalteh

Hello Hanno,

great news. Two questions from my side.

How is the situation for us, as we

a) have a Token License scheme. Do we have to change to named licenses?

b) we are also using LINUX on HPC for Moldflow. Is there a LINUX version of 2023 available?

Regards

Armin from Bosch

Message 3 of 22
Bill.K

Is it possible to create a deployed install like previous versions? 

I tried creating a custom install like the other Autodesk products and it say it is not availbile.

Thanks

Message 4 of 22
petr_AL

Hello,

my question to Moldflow 2023: Are solved here graphic issues from 2021.2 version? - Problems with beams and results displaying?

Thank you

Message 5 of 22
raalteh
in reply to: arminkech

Hi Armin,

With respect to a Token Flex (or TFLEX) license, no you will need to configure as a 'network license'. Please use the License Configuration Tool do set you installation to Network licenses for both Synergy and Moldflow Insight (Ultimate).

With respect to Linux, yes there is a Linux version available for Moldflow Insight. There were a few gremlins with the Autodesk Accounts page, but my understanding is that the issues are now largely resolved.
Hanno van Raalte,

Message 6 of 22
raalteh
in reply to: Bill.K

Hi Bill,

There were a few issues with deployments for some license types. They were still actively looking at resolving that last week. I will need to get an update on if they were able to get around this or not. I'll try to update when I know more.
Hanno van Raalte,

Message 7 of 22
raalteh
in reply to: petr_AL

Hi Petr,

We fixed a number of urgent graphics issues with 2021.2 Hotfix 1 and we fixed more graphics issues with 2023.
The result display speed improvements were a very significant code change where we now tap into the power of the graphics card a lot more, but it also meant there is more dependency on graphics drivers. There were bound to issues for some situations outside of what we could test and that we would find after the fact and the team has been working through the issues.

Regardless, the 2023 can be installed side by side with the 2021.x releases. If you still find graphics issues, please let us know through the support channels.
Hanno van Raalte,

Message 8 of 22
raalteh
in reply to: Bill.K

Hi Bill,

There is a back end limitation that blocks us from creating a deployment for Moldflow Insight Standard, Moldflow Insight Premium and Moldflow Adviser Premium. We are still pushing for getting around this limitation, but I don't have a solution yet...
Hanno van Raalte,

Message 9 of 22
KlausMüller8028

Caution

The NLM must be up to date in version 11.18xx, otherwise the keys are no longer active! ,

not even in 2021.2. !!

Happened to me.

Message 10 of 22
b_katsma

A little disappointing but thanks for the info, I will work with what is given at this time and wait for a final resolution.

Bill

Message 11 of 22
raalteh
in reply to: KlausMüller8028

@Anonymous,

Thank you for calling that out, that's a good point. This was documented in the 'whats new' section. So this is good to read before installing.
https://help.autodesk.com/view/MFIA/2023/ENU/?guid=MFLO-WHATS-NEW-2023-0
Hanno van Raalte,

Message 12 of 22
KlausMüller8028

@raalteh 

I stuck to your Getting Started document, the note from the NLM should also have been deposited here.
I'll take note of your comment next time

Thanks

Message 13 of 22
raalteh
in reply to: KlausMüller8028

Thank you for that comment. I will make an update to that.
Hanno van Raalte,

Message 14 of 22
c_liguori
in reply to: petr_AL

Hi @petr_AL 

I tested the connectivity diagnostic and the issue in beam and mesh visualization is solved.

Message 15 of 22
raalteh

I included some new Known Issues .pdf in the documentation, as well as a new getting started ..mp4
Hanno van Raalte,

Message 16 of 22
ryan.fuhr

@raalteh 

Please clarify the network vs named user license options. Your text in the first post included:

"New User License

A big part of the 2023 release is the introduction of a Named User (or User license) model for Moldflow products. This is a new licensing model that steps away from out traditional licensing method, and instead uses logins. Access can be managed by administrators through Autodesk Accounts, on an individual and teams basis.

This new license type exists next to the current network and TFLEX license type. Once your Moldflow subscription term ends you will have an option to move to the new User License."

However, if I am reading this correctly (this is dated 20 Sept 2022 - 6 days after your first post in this thread):

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Autod...

As of 07 Feb 2023 and later renewal dates "named user" is the only game in town. I realize the URL shows that's a Fusion 360 article, but it explicitly is all about Moldflow Insight.

We're on a Network License subscription that renews in March 2023. If that link is correct, we will have no choice (not an "option") but to move to named user licensing (or stop using Moldflow Insight) in March 2023.

I reached out to my reseller but I seem to know more about it at this point than they do.

Thanks in advance for your help in clearing things up so we know our options.

Message 17 of 22
raalteh
in reply to: ryan.fuhr

Hi Ryan,

Yes the article on the AKN page about the end of renewal of Network licenses is correct. Autodesk is moving to the Named User model as a company, and the Moldflow now has a Named User offering available. Between now and February 7 2023 the Network licenses, TFLEX licenses and the Named User licenses are available and completely viable options.

The Network licenses are renewable single year and multi year until Feb 7 2023. If the network option is the preferred option for you and your company, I would suggest further discuss this with the reseller. If the reseller has questions, we are currently helping resellers work through the different questions and scenarios they have. 

Hanno van Raalte,

Message 18 of 22
anmol_kr_singh
in reply to: arminkech

Hello @arminkech 

Yes for 2023 the Linux version is available for Insight, so You can install it on your network server for Solving purposes,

But for the named user as it is just launched, we are expecting the Linux version also in that version.

Thanks,

Anmol

Message 19 of 22
raalteh
in reply to: anmol_kr_singh

Hi Anmol, Linux also support the named user licensing model; you can either submit jobs to Linux through SCM or the command line (using a new -key or -keyfile argument).
Hanno van Raalte,

Message 20 of 22
anmol_kr_singh

Dear @raalteh,

I'm eager to understand how the Named User license functions on Linux. Historically, we've had Synergy support solely on Windows systems. Now, with Named User, both Synergy and Insight packages are combined, which raises questions about compatibility. Is it possible to install Moldflow Insight Named User on a high-configured Linux PC while having Moldflow Synergy on a Windows system?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

Anmol Kumar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report