Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coupled thermal Simulation with Abaqus

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
christian.ch.hundt
435 Views, 2 Replies

Coupled thermal Simulation with Abaqus

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to couple a molding simulation with an analysis of the thermal conductivity in Abaqus.

I use a glassfiber filled PA6 which will lead to anisotropic material properties.

Do you have an approach to export the anisotropic thermal conductivity from Moldflow to Abaqus?

I already tried the Moldflow "Interface to Abaqus" which only returns mechanical properties and the orientation tensor.

Moreover I read that AME and AMSA would not be suitable, too.

I really appreciate yout help.

Best regards,

Christian

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Good Day Cristian,

AMSA was discontinued because now Autodesk has Helius.

So far I know, only the CTE you will be able to export directly from Moldflow.

I think it is possible to workaround it if you use 3rd programs like ANSA or Matlab, you should be able to map the fiber orientation and define different thermal conductivity for each direction.

I hope it helps you!

Renan Melhado Mazza

( If my comments are accepted, provide "Kudos" as appreciation. If your request is answered/resolved, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Thanks.)

Message 3 of 3

I guess the thermal conductivity stays the same, only influenced by the current temperature and material properties.

So the thermal conductivity is more or less isotopic.

The coefficient of thermal expansion is not!

What you need is to map the fiber orientation and the material behavior (properties).

Should be possible with Helius PFA, I had positive experiences with CONVERSE by PART Engineering for this topic.

If this is only a one time calculation consider buying the service of mapping.

Another , more costly approach, is DIGIMAT.

Hope that helps

Harald

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report