Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool (FEM) - Temperature trend for multi-cycles

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
s155259
290 Views, 2 Replies

Cool (FEM) - Temperature trend for multi-cycles

Hello,

I made a Cool (FEM) analysis for my mold, both with and without cooling channels. I noticed that the temperature trend for some cycles tend to get higher when the cooling channels are not taken into consideration

without channels.jpg

(which makes sense) and the opposite happens when the cooling channels are included in the calculation

with channels.jpg

(which doesn't make sense for me). I would expect the average temperature per cycle to go higher and not lower. 

Can somebody explain to me why this happens?
Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alex.Bakharev
in reply to: s155259

In the process settings there is "Mold temperature option" that allows to choose between 'Transient within cycle" and "Transient from production start up". The first option uses the steady state (average temperature) as the initial temperature. If the steady state analysis over-predicts the temperature then the transient temperatures would go down (as you observed).

If you want to start the transient temperature analysis from the room temperature use "Transient from production start up" option

Message 3 of 3
s155259
in reply to: Alex.Bakharev

"Mold temperature option" is set as "Transient from production start up" for both of the simulations

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report