cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same units for Linux and Windows log files

Same units for Linux and Windows log files

When running an analysis on Linux the log file shows different units than a windows log file.

I.E. the part volume is shown in m³ (->is nonsense !!)  instead of cm³

the pressure is shown in Pa instead of MPa  

Please correct this.

3 Comments
statesj
Alumni

Hello HeinzMitter4056,

Mismatching units is annoying. Are you running on linux via runstudy?

If you are using runstudy, you can add  "-unit metric" to the runstudy command.

As a work around so you can see existing log files in metric (cm^3 and MPa) you can use the studyrlt command. 

studyrlt <study name> -exportoutput -unit metric    This will create a new text file with the log data in the correct units.The -unit command can be set to SI, Metric, or English. 

I hope this is helpful in the meanwhile.

Jeremy

raalteh
Community Manager

As background information; the solvers (whether on linux of windows) run using SI units. so whether you are starting an analysis by hand on Linux of Windows should be the same.

The GUI will have an understanding of which unit system the end user is using, and the user interface will present the results in the unit system the user is requesting.

Jerremy's command line option was put in place exactly to make the 'command line' aware in which unit system you  want to see the results presented to you. It will use the exact same code to convert, as the user interface at that point.

If you believe this does not meet your expectatations, you may create a discussion forum item and see what can be done to help further, but I don't think this is really an item for the 'Idea Station'. I will archive this item for now.

Hanno

raalteh
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

archived, as this is work around was provided, and this is more an item for the discussion forum, less for the idea station.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report