cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

default display with visibility off/on option

default display with visibility off/on option

In Options of synergy, default display tab.

There must be a option to 'set visibility/hide' to Triangle, node, tetra elements, surface & curves.

with existing options like solid, solid+elements, transparent, transparent+element & shrunken.

So that we can switch of the visibility to unwanted enities, when study is ready to run analysis

4 Comments
raalteh
Community Manager

The ability to switch off the visibility of certain elements at a high level may be valid, but I don't think that the Options is the right place for it, as this would apply the setting to Synergy going forward. I think you would want to control this stuidy by study, correct?

raalteh
Community Manager
Status changed to: Comments Requested

madhukeshwart
Advisor

For example:

we have completed meshing from cad geometry, feedsytem and cooling channel from curves and we have used some construction lines for reference.

Many times, our layers will be like separte layers for feed system, separate layer cooling channels, separted layer for part & so on.

Then associated/refernce nodes, curves, unwanted cad surfaces will be in respective layer. i.e nodes, curves, unwanted cad surfaces used feed system will in feed system layer & same for others.

When complete study file ready, before starting analysis, during iterations,we want hide nodes, curves & unwanted cad surfaces & set solid for elements and beams

Then, I need to set visibily on/off for nodes, curves, unwanted cad surfaces  in respective layer for each layer.

Instead of this, there must be common on/off option for whole study.

M.Brassel
Advocate

In newer Moldflow versions, it is possible to select several layers at once and change the display of their incorporated entities at once. So you may hide CAD geometry, lines or nodes easily.

But you are right, that in our workflow we change between different display variants very often until the simulation may run.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report