Moldflow Adviser Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Adviser Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Adviser topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to import cooling channel.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jay21min
808 Views, 6 Replies

Not able to import cooling channel.

Respected sir

I am not able to select the import cooling channel tab.

I have attached 3 screen shots. Screen shots 51shows the conformal cooling channel that has to be imported in moldflow adviser.

53 shows the moldflow adviser platform for importing cooling channel.

52 is  the procedure for importing cooling channel.

I have IGES file of conformal cooling channel but how to import, as I already tried to import it but not able to click on import cooling channel tab.

Please,suggest any solution.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
bernor_mf
in reply to: jay21min

Hi,

to the very left in Adviser UI as in picture

"53 shows the moldflow adviser platform for importing cooling channel.",

it shows Mold Type "Part only."

You need to change Mold Type to Single Cavity (or Multi cavity) to model cooling channels as well as runners.

So, change Mold Type to Single Cavity.

Set parting plane and set up some mold dimensions.

Then import cooling circuits as iges curves.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Berndt

( If my comments are accepted, provide "Kudos" as appreciation. If your request is answered/resolved, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Thanks.)
Message 3 of 7
Sanjay_paul

Hello,

I agree with Berndt.But I don't think that your cooling system is practical. How will you create this cooling system in mold?

Regards

Sanjay

Message 4 of 7
jay21min
in reply to: Sanjay_paul

Dear Sanjay,

It is possible to create this type cooling channel by using DMLS (Direct Metal Laser Sintering) technique in practical.

Message 5 of 7
jay21min

Respected sir,

Hope you are well.

I tried to import cooling channel as iges curve but software is not accepting at all.

And I saw "not responding" statement for a long time.

If you upload the video regarding generating / importing conformal cooling channel,Then It will be very useful to me and other colleague.

I think this is the best way to explain the particular problem.

If anybody knows that how to import/generate conformal cooling channel, I humbly request them to provide their valuable suggestions.

Hope, you will help me sir.

Thank you so much.

Message 6 of 7
bernor_mf

Hi,

first, I would like to relay to this topic posted by you and replied by @kristen.kilroy

How to create spiral or conformal cooling channel for any round shape product ?

It might well be so, that your conformal cooling spline curve will create many small beams, hence taking long time to import.

The reply suggests that you "try squaring off the channel paths (maybe try hexagonal or octagonal shape instead) to help simplify the channels so it will load more easily" which I agree on.
Try to split spline curve to simpler form, using 2-point lines, in CAD system.

Would you mind provide the iges file ?

Regards,

Berndt

( If my comments are accepted, provide "Kudos" as appreciation. If your request is answered/resolved, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Thanks.)
Message 7 of 7
bernor_mf
in reply to: Sanjay_paul

Hi @Sanjay_paul

here is some videos on DMLS and conformal cooling explaining the technology:

3D Printng in Tooling applications - Introduction to Conformal Cooling - Fado Group

FADO Group - Case study 4: Roller tube motor adapter

Regards,

Berndt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report