Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does this part turn into a weird mess when I try to make it solid?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Gellick
196 Views, 2 Replies

Why does this part turn into a weird mess when I try to make it solid?

This is what it looks like before making the part solid, and is what it SHOULD look like    

Scorpion 1.png

This is what it looks like when I actually make it solid, using my usually settings   

Scorpion 2.png

Why is this happening and what can I do to fix it? This does not happen when I try to make just the head piece solid, but when I combine it with the body and make the entire thing into one solid part, this happens

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hfcandrew
in reply to: Gellick

Make solid work on some very complex logic algorithms. It tries to connect everything as one shell. So its trying to merge the helmet to the face.

Make solid often ignores low poly surfaces, also relatively small shells, or even very thin shells.

Do you plan on 3D printing this? If so then manually delete unwanted shells.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/MSHMXR/2019/ENU/?guid=GUID-F8C64203-AFB7-449C-A395-2C029A80BB6C

Message 3 of 3
nkloski
in reply to: Gellick

It is useful with the Make Solid tool to sometimes set a small positive amount in the Offset slider, I would try that on that helmet.

Nick Kloski
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums