Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remove assigned posts/struts.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
452 Views, 3 Replies

Unable to remove assigned posts/struts.

I'm using Meshmixer on a Mac. The CTRL key appears to perform the same action as the ALT key (tumble), and when I hold CTRL and click a previously aded post/strut, it isn't deleted. Is there any way to remove the tumble assignment from the CTRL key, so that it works for deleting support struts as described in the documentation? Thanks.

L. Lee

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Now I'm able to get the command key to remove the posts when I click. I'm sure I checked this before, but I may have forgotten to click "Analysis" previously to enter the necessary context. Never mind.

Message 3 of 4
MagWeb
in reply to: Anonymous

On a macOS system with default settings you need to replace Ctrl wit Cmd for all tools using this modifier key.

For MM navigation (not the tools) you can also set the keyboard to use Ctrl:

Go to macOS Preferences/Keyboard and its Keyboard tab. Hit the ModifierKeys button. Now choose your keyboard (or the USB Receiver it is plugged to) in the dropdown at top. Set the Control(^)Key to "No Action".

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: MagWeb

OK, but I would have to toggle that setting depending on whether MM is in use, because it's global. I depend far too much on control to consider keeping that a default.

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report