Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tarik Hatipoglu

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
263 Views, 2 Replies

Tarik Hatipoglu

create open parts size about 20 mb but when try to meshmix those system hangs forever is there a size limit for parts  to meshmix ?

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hfcandrew
in reply to: Anonymous

Ya I find it start to get pretty slow at about 20K triangles, which is equivalent to about at 3MB binary stl file.

Reduce your triangle count until it works. If you can't get it to work at all, then you probably have some mesh errors or non-manifold issues.

Message 3 of 3
MagWeb
in reply to: hfcandrew

Dropping a MESHMIX open part MM welds applied surface and bends the part according to the base surface. 

Two things to consider:

A: The number of vertices at the seam of the part. MM needs to find a solution for each of these vertices and needs to adopt the density of the target surface. Here you can ease the needed computation if you reduce the number of vertices at the open boundary of the part.

B: Any vertex within the dropped open part needs to find a new relative position while  the part is bended. So the computation time is proportional to the size of the part. You can shorten this computation time only by reducing the number of the part's vertices.

I'm not aware of some software limitation for open parts but your system's resources will limit a working size of course. The largest working part file I did until now is at 7MB with a drastically reduced seam...

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report