Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding visibilty of component

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Ashok.Nelluri
1482 Views, 3 Replies

regarding visibilty of component

hello, i imported my stl file into meshmixer, but it is not showing up on the upper surface and it is showing like an imaginary object under the lines. and i am try to edit the component but still, i am select my body and not able to place the holes?, how could i resolve this problem. and my object is very thin wall of 0.6mm

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MagWeb
in reply to: Ashok.Nelluri

If your object is underneath the printer's bed  and you watch it from above you may:

- hide the printer (menu:View/ uncheck ShowPrinterBed)

or

- Move the object onto the printer bed. Go to EDIT/Align. There set Source to BasePoint and Destination to WorldOriginYup and Accept.

Sorry. Don't understand your issue with the holes... Are you talking about EDIT/Hollow and try to add holes there or do you try to fix holes (open boundaries) of the mesh? Or something else?

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 3 of 4
Ashok.Nelluri
in reply to: MagWeb

hello sir,

i tried but still same problem showing up, here i am attaching the situation, in the below photo my design appears below the square boxes and i am unable to hallow the partSnip20180628_1.png

Message 4 of 4
MagWeb
in reply to: Ashok.Nelluri

If that happens only in Hollow tool:

That would be right as the outer shell gets transparent here to see the inside shell. If you really want to hollow a 0.6mm part you need to set a very small OffsetDistance (e.g. 0.1) and to hit Update after that.

-----

If transparent shading happens also outside of Hollow:

Did you try to drag another SHADER onto your scene? Maybe you use the transparent shader...

Are you on MM 3.5 or 3.3?

What happens if you set MM to use basic rendering (>Preferences) and restart?

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report