Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portable MeshMixer

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
morismolino
5028 Views, 2 Replies

Portable MeshMixer

Is there a portable (non-installed) version of Meshmixer?

Would like to use the software, but can't install on my PC at work.

Thank you,

Moris

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rkalak
in reply to: morismolino

A non-desktop version of Meshmixer doesn't exist, but there are several websites that exist specifically for mesh modification or "mixing". Some examples of this are MeshLab and Makeprintable. Most of these sites, however, are solely dedicated to automatic mesh fixing rather than manual mesh modification. An online mesh modification site actually sounds like a good idea. 

Message 3 of 3
morismolino
in reply to: rkalak

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I'll take a look at your suggestions.

All though an online version of MeshMixer could be cool, not sure if that was what I meant.

Blender, Krita, OpenSpace3D, and other softwares out there offer a version that can be downloaded, and be run without having to do an install. Everything needed to use the program is in the download.

For example at work I often use Blender that is not installed. I run it straight out of my downloads folder.

Something like this.. or like you suggest and online version would be great for those of us who for one reason or another don't have install rights, to still be able to use MeshMixer.

THank you,

M

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report