Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object in Translucent View?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
sarf2k4
7114 Views, 5 Replies

Object in Translucent View?

Hi,

In the past I think I know the keyboard shortcut to make the object translucent but I forgot which one is it. What it does is that the target object became translucent pink but not directly selectable from the viewport. This is useful if I want to combine multiple objects where to hide certain parts while not protruding too much from the targeted mesh.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MagWeb
in reply to: sarf2k4

If you use Ctrl+V (Cmd+V on MAC) you toggle visibility > The object turns to a transparent pink as long as it is an active object but gets invisible as soon as you switch to another object. 

The proper way to set a certain object transparent is to drag the Xray shader from SHADERS onto the object (right sphere in the topmost row of SHADERS). To set it to standard, opaque, again drag the Phong shader onto it (left sphere in the topmost row of SHADERS). This way the objects stays visible transparent even if it isn't the active object.

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 3 of 6
sarf2k4
in reply to: MagWeb

I tried by dragging the shaders onto the model, it did nothing, even the one with 'earth' shader won't show anything on the model. Anything I do wrong here?

Message 4 of 6
MagWeb
in reply to: sarf2k4

Please check if BasicRendering is enabled? (Preferences>General>View-section)

It should NOT be enabled to use the Shaders.

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 5 of 6
sarf2k4

Thank you, I didn't know it was enabled

Message 6 of 6
sarf2k4

I used the shader technique and I think I have a new problem.

When I select certain mesh then smooth boundary, the orange border rings became transparent/translucent as it wasn't before (not tested between after I disabled basic processing and also before playing with shader)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report