Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help making a scale model fender skirt from scanned STL files.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ramonluquin
332 Views, 4 Replies

Need help making a scale model fender skirt from scanned STL files.

Hello Everyone. I have a good scan of a 1963 Impala fender. I want to make a fender skirt for it. I was hoping I could use boolean commands to create the skirt. I dont know the right approach. 

I was able to create this negative of using primitive. But I was hoping there was a way to print out the right shape without having to reshape anything. 

I pretty proficient in fusion as well. Id love any help. thank you. 

Screenshot 2021-12-10 230505.pngpositive.png

The Goal: 

ramonluquin_0-1639195905531.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hfcandrew
in reply to: ramonluquin

It looks like you did it there. What's wrong with what you accomplished?

Message 3 of 5
ramonluquin
in reply to: hfcandrew

Thank you for replying. I'm close. I have the outline if the skirt. But I don't know how to extract just the skirt. Maybe this is the best I can do with mesh work? I have a feeling the rest will require sculpting. I don't know how to make the skirt match the curve of the side of the car

Message 4 of 5
hfcandrew

Just select and delete the portion you do not want, then close with Inspector.

Or attach your .mix

Message 5 of 5
zoelakin

I was leary at first about buying ICON Jayco Tandem fender skirt but after reading all the reviews, decided to take the plunge. I want sure what to expect but was really happy with it. It was shipped well so it didn't get bent/ broken. It fit exactly where the original was and actually looks better. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report