Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model is flickering and transparent?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Gellick
512 Views, 1 Reply

Model is flickering and transparent?

So, I dont really even know how to describe whats happening with this model.   

It was originally less than a milimeter in total, and I scaled it up to about 60mm. After I did that, the model stopped appearing solid, it flickers when I move the mouse (The first two pictures), and the camera will jump so far back that I cant see the model if I try to scroll out at all.   

I tried several things, like making solid and generating face groups, completely randomly if I'm being honest, to fix this. I dont know everything I did, but the problem has not changed.  

When I export the model gives me the "complex model in scene" warning, but if I ignore then load it in a new project, it appears really blocky and red (The third picture). Attempting to make the new model solid results in it disapearing entirely, no matter which setting I put it on. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MagWeb
in reply to: Gellick

THINK this is related to MM's conversion from world units to MM's internal scene units and its rounding error (MM converts coordinates to a normalised system in a range from -1 to +1 adding a first object to the scene).

What happens if you import(append) the object to an existing scene (e.g a default sphere scaled to the target size of 60mm)? MM should detect that your object is much smaller and show a window asking whether you want to correct the import to a fitting size. Hit Yes. Now delete the sphere... 

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums