Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meshmixer forgets settings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
m_x_y
437 Views, 3 Replies

Meshmixer forgets settings

Hello,

I use the newest version of Meshmixer, v3.5.474.

Meshmixer forgets to save certain settings when I close the program, e. g. I switch the visibility of the printer bed of, and the next time I start Meshmixer it's visible again, and I have to switch it of again and again. This is annoying. What can I do about it?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MagWeb
in reply to: m_x_y

User settings (e.g. visibility of the printer bed) are saved in meshmixer.ini

That file is located at:

Windows: C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\meshmixer.ini
(NOTE: AppData is hidden by default, so you might have to enter that path manually or choose to show hidden files.)
Mac: ~/.config/Autodesk/meshmixer.ini

(NOTE: .config is hidden by default, so you might have to enter that path manually or choose to show hidden files.)

I assume the used account on your machine doesn't have the permission to write to that file ...  Check whether the .ini file is changed when you close MM.

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 3 of 4
m_x_y

Well, writing and saving to meshmixer.ini seems to work absolutely fine. I also have full admin rights. So this shouldn't be the problem.

I have to note that the printer bed only appears when I send object out of Fusion360 to Meshmixer (via the 3D Print command). Maybe Fusion overwrites certain settings all the time?

Message 4 of 4
MagWeb

So this happens only if you launch MM via Fusion's 3DPrint?

Most likely Fusion sends an argument to show the printer bed for it is intended to be a print utility.

Did you try to link Fusion to MM as a Custom PrintUtility instead of the default Meshmixer link?

For some reason here on macOS this command works only if I pass a file from Fusion to an already launched MM and in this case the bed visibility isn't changed.

You might try this too.

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report