Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meshmixer 3.5 wont run in W7 64 bit

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
rcrogers722
3572 Views, 7 Replies

Meshmixer 3.5 wont run in W7 64 bit

All I get when trying to run for first time is an Autodesk error report with the following errors reported.

Meshmixer_minidump.dmp

dmpuserinfo.xml

dumpdata.zip

Can anyone help please?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
MagWeb
in reply to: rcrogers722

Did you try the crash related suggestions in MM's FAQs ?

If you're not sure about the power of your graphics card try to install 3.3 instead of 3.5 (same features but the ViewCube).

Did the installer create a meshmixer directory with several sub folders in your Documents directory?

Maybe you try this too:

In meshmixer.ini (path see FAQ) is a [ViewCube] sectioned and within a line

IsVisible=true

change it to

IsVisible=false

maybe that helps...

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 3 of 8
rcrogers722
in reply to: MagWeb

Thanks for your help, now running BUT when I import or open nothing is displayed. Some action has taken place because if I go to import or open again I am asked if I want to append or replace.

Any suggestions please?

Message 4 of 8
MagWeb

MM doesn't know nothing in the scene. So I guess there's still something wrong.

Which MM version do you use now?

Try to click on the bunny on the splash screen on start. If you don't see anything AND you are on MM3.5:

Go to Preferences via menu and on its General tab in its View section disable ShowViewCube. Leave Preferences and quit MM. Relaunch MM and try to load the bunny again. If it works now: Your graphics card doesn't support the needed Qt version. So downgrade to MM 3.3

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 5 of 8
MagWeb

BTW: What did did solve the crash at start?

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 6 of 8
rcrogers722

Yes thanks I sorted MM crashing. I did respond by messaging, and 'liking' your response thank you. I am now running MM 3.3 in case it is my graphics card. Yes there is a AutoDesk MM folder with several folders in.

Looking at the autosave folder now it records instances autosave about 15 MM documents today whilst I have been trying.

BTW I don't know if it helps or not but when I have tried to load an object and press the space bar, by mistake a grey 'camera' box is on the screen as long as I keep space pressed.

There is nothing different if I try to load Rabbit or Sphere.

At some stage of trying to fix I deleted MM ini. file and autosave, but they are both back in their folders now.

Many thanks for your help 

Message 7 of 8
MagWeb

meshmixer.ini (now with fresh default settings)as well as the autosave directory is created automatically if it is missing. It's ok. By default MM does an autosave each minute until there are ten autosaves. After that it overwrites the oldest one.

Also the pop up if you press Space is ok. That's the Hotbox giving quick access to certain rendering settings.

If you can't see the bunny or sphere or any other imported object in the 3D viewer I think it's related to your graphics card .  Is the viewer black totally or does it show some strange black to grey gradient?

If there are more than one graphics devices (e.g. an onboard chipset + a decent graphics card) make sure that MM uses the better device.

Next is to make sure that you're using the latest driver available for your graphics device.

To ease the work of the graphics device:

Next if you're on MM 3.3: Disable AntiAliasedRendering in Preferences>General. Shut down and restart MM.

Last, worst option: Enable EnableBasicRendering in Preferences>General. Shut down and restart MM.

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 8 of 8
rcrogers722

Again thank you for the suggestions. I am using a laptop with in-built graphics so it will be fairly limited. After saying that I used MM on my laptop for years to add supports. This worked, although slow at times on Windows 7. The problem came when I upgraded the laptop to W10 and as may be understandable I could not get MM to run.

I have loaded MM 3.3 on another laptop and with your latest suggestions have now been able to load files. There is still a problem that after a few minutes a problem causes the program to stop working and Windows closes the program. It can be opened to the same file but obviously to be able to work on the object I need it to work for longer.

When I checked preferences Anti-Aliased Rendering was not enabled.

I Enabled Basic Rendering and that has let the program work as far as described above.

Can further improvements be made please?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report