Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge objects with cut

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
eric5HPME
4973 Views, 3 Replies

Merge objects with cut

Hello,

I have a few little figures as STL files that I would like to use as little card holders, like you would see as a name tag for a wedding, etc. Is there a simple way in Meshmixer to take a little object, like a thin cube and "cut" into the existing STL file, like you would do with the combine -> Cut command in Fusion 360?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MagWeb
in reply to: eric5HPME

You can use BooleanDifference to cut into your object A:

-Import object A;

-From MESHMIX/Primitives drag the cube to empty space on your scene. This gives a new object B which you can use to subtract it from A. Use Transform (called automatically when you drop the part) to scale and position it. Accept;

-Click on object A to activate it. Now hold down Shift and click on object B to make it active too. Note: this order is important as you want subtract A-B.

-The options in EDIT changed and you will find BooleanDifference there. Run it...

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 3 of 4
eric5HPME
in reply to: MagWeb

Outstanding, thank so much!

Message 4 of 4
cbellerose81
in reply to: MagWeb

awesome bud, this helped me cut away a 3d scan of my face from the same 3d scan of my face to help me make a mask of myself that is perfectly fitted to me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report