Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magenta errors in inspector. How to join?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1417 Views, 2 Replies

Magenta errors in inspector. How to join?

I'm trying to solidify a model from thingiverse to print, and the inspector is complaining about unconnected components. For example, the feet and most of the parts of the mace are giving errors. How can I make them part of the model? I've tried splitting them up and re-joining. I've tried welding them. I've tried remeshing and, aside from the fact that I don't get a pane that lets me define remesh settings and the remeshed parts look awful, they still throw magenta errors.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3546613/files

I feel like there's something simple I'm missing; How can I easily join parts that are complaining about being unconnected?

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MagWeb
in reply to: Anonymous

You might try EDIT/MakeSolid on a high SolidAccuracy and MeshDensity in SolidType = SharpEdgePreserve. 

But state of the art slicers handle overlapping partial surfaces just fine. So the only things to repair are mesh errors.

If you pull down the SmallTresh slider in Inspector there will be only a few blue and red markers which are due to some surfaces inside the weapon's sphere. Inspector failed here repairing these issues. So do EDIT/SeparateShells, activate all objects to keep and EDIT/Combine them. Discard the rest.

Result attached.

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: MagWeb

@MagWeb wrote:

You might try EDIT/MakeSolid on a high SolidAccuracy and MeshDensity in SolidType = SharpEdgePreserve. 

Now that I know how to do that, I'll take a stab at it. 

@MagWeb wrote:

But state of the art slicers handle overlapping partial surfaces just fine. So the only things to repair are mesh errors.

Yeah, I was concerned about that with a littler Hollow Knight figure that ended up printing fine. This guy, however, didn't seem to hollow correctly in Chitubox so I thought I'd refine him to get a result I'm confident in.

@MagWeb wrote:

If you pull down the SmallTresh slider in Inspector there will be only a few blue and red markers which are due to some surfaces inside the weapon's sphere. Inspector failed here repairing these issues. So do EDIT/SeparateShells, activate all objects to keep and EDIT/Combine them. Discard the rest.

I did that (he's rainbow colored) but every shell was part of the model. (the 4 weird bits seem to be related to smoothing out the sphere joins on the mace but might not be critical to keep, I suppose)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report