Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Converting SLA/DLP Supports to Solid - Not Connecting to Mesh

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
benL55T4
368 Views, 1 Reply

Issue Converting SLA/DLP Supports to Solid - Not Connecting to Mesh

Hey everyone!

I've been having an issue since I installed MeshMixer. Whenever I generate supports for a mesh and use the "SLA/DLP" preset, everything works fine at first. However, when I convert those supports to a solid, then none of the supports connect to the mesh, and they even seem to avoid the mesh as if it had a force field around it. It's easiest to show this on the miniatures I'm trying to print, but it happens on every mesh I can import, including the default ones.

I've already tried:

• Reinstalling MeshMixer 3.5
  • Installing MeshMixer 3.3
  • Installing MeshMixer 3.3 and 3.5 on a different computer (Both are Windows 10)
  • Restarting/Updating my computers
  • Messing with every setting individually
  • Choosing "New Object" and "Replace Existing" when deciding how to convert the supports

Is there something I can do to fix this issue or at least work around it?

Mesh Supports.PNG

Mesh Converted Supports.PNGMesh Supports Zoom.PNGMesh Converted Supports Zoom.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MagWeb
in reply to: benL55T4

Most up to date SLA/DLP slicers handle MM's raw supports just fine. Please check if you really need to convert the raw supports to a solid support.

Making supports solid in Overhangs MM merges the different support elements based on a certain voxel grid which may smooth small stuff as the supports' tips. You might get a better solid result accepting the raw supports, separating them as a separate object and running EDIT/MakeSolid on it with a higher SolidAccuracy and MeshDensity at file size costs. 

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report