Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Model to Meshmixer using Command Prompt

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1494 Views, 5 Replies

Importing Model to Meshmixer using Command Prompt

I was wondering if there is a way to import model to meshmixer using command line without double clicking the executable.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

@MagWeb can you help me out please?

Message 3 of 6
MagWeb

This is how you'd do it on macOS via Terminal (assuming a default location of the app and the "temp.obj" object in Documents):

open /Applications/Meshmixer.app/ --args ~/Documents/temp.obj

Of course you'll need different paths (to the application and the object) and ".exe" instead of ".app" on WIN.

Note: MM always needs the GUI. You can't run it in the background only.

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: MagWeb

Yeah, I got that mm runs with GUI. I just want to automate the importing the model to meshmixer too along with my other operations. Whenever i try to add an argument after the executable file in command line, it just opens meshmixer and no import of model is done. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

@MagWeb is it possible that meshmixer provided terminal arguments for MAC and not for Windows. Was this arguments were mentioned in mm manual for Mac OS?

Message 6 of 6
MagWeb

I'm not sure about WIN arguments. I'm on Mac and the command above works on a Mac.

Documentation about calling MM via command were lost in the wind of change (as many other things too).

---

Some basic coding skills? If so, take a look at mm-api

Using this API might easy your attempts to run stuff in MM automatically. A helping hand is here.

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report