Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im trying to make 3d print but The file was not read, i need to know reason.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
246 Views, 2 Replies

Im trying to make 3d print but The file was not read, i need to know reason.

1223.png1.jpg

I made 3d printing qualified but the mesh maker doesnt read it. I need to know the reason quickly. help me please

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BenBisares
in reply to: Anonymous

I assume you are exporting the object from your CAD software as an STL file? Perhaps there is some corruption in the mesh or the origin of the object is way off from the center of the world. Can you share this file with us for testing purposes?

Ben Bisares
Message 3 of 3
MagWeb
in reply to: Anonymous

As one can see in the box at bottom right (vertex and face count) the object is loaded. But there are only two regions where I think to see blue open boundaries.

Might be an graphic card issue. Did you update your graphics drivers? Can you load different objects?

---

One issue I had years ago (just to mention it , unlikely):

I'm on German localisation. German defaults use the comma as decimal separator. My macOS changed fullstops to commas and vice versa launching MM via Commandline. This ruined the coordinates in the mesh files (which are written with fullstops as separator of course).

Now IF you're on a localisation using a comma as standard decimal separator you might try to set the number format (in your OS settings) to use fullstops instead.

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report