Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I created a hole with my main object, a cylindar and boolean difference but the end result is off

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
johnostler
212 Views, 3 Replies

I created a hole with my main object, a cylindar and boolean difference but the end result is off

Hello all. I created a hole in my main object, a cylindar and boolean difference but the end result is off. when i click my main object then hold select and click my cylindar that is running through my main object a menu pops up and i click boolean difference. Then a loading bar runs and it does work. A hole is made straight through my object and it looks perfect. The problem is when I click accept to finalize the changes. That hold then becomes filled in. I think it may be because my main object has infill. How do I do this and keep the hole a hold and stop it from getting filled in? thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hfcandrew
in reply to: johnostler

Booleans are random and finicky, just play around with the parameters trying a dozen different things until it works.

Message 3 of 4
johnostler
in reply to: hfcandrew

Thanks for the advice I will tinker with this a see how it goes. If I cannot figure It out maybe I will post some pics. Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
MagWeb
in reply to: johnostler

Likely this is related to  auto-reduce MM does accepting the preview.

You might simply disable AutoReduceResult in the tool's options totally 

or

decrease TargetEdgeScale

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report