Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to lock two objects so they move together respect to worlds coordinates

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dr.avrilevPDD7N
1115 Views, 3 Replies

How to lock two objects so they move together respect to worlds coordinates

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to define some properties of two dental arches. Each arch is dealt separately.

When I finished the design, I saw that these said arches were not in the relationship that they were in at the start.

Is there any way to lock the relationship between them?

I need them to be in such a position because of the occlusion.

20180727_202722.jpg Kind regards,

Avri

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MagWeb
in reply to: dr.avrilevPDD7N

In MM there's no way to group several objects.

But if you do it the way shown above (activating both objects and calling Transform) will move both objects the same way.

If you really want to treat both objects as one you can do EDIT/Combine and its inverse operation Separate (if you want to split it again).

The third option is using mmapi to write a standalone application in Python were you can group several objects using tkinter's treeview. This way you can get a hieratic object browser which automatically activates all children of a parent object. I did post the Python code (and a ready to go Mac application) in MM's old forum but  it was blown away by the wind of change...  PM me if you want to go that route.

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
dr.avrilevPDD7N
in reply to: MagWeb

Thank you MagWeb, 

I was able to treat both objects separately. All I did, when dealing with one of them, is NOT move them! 

I can move the world around them - that is the point of view around them and that's all.

I'm not familiar with Python yet. More the C# kind of guy, but I Python is in  my plans.

Avri

Message 4 of 4
MagWeb
in reply to: dr.avrilevPDD7N

Just to make that clear:

There's a basic difference

of navigating in a scene (Means you're sitting inside a spaceship and your monitor is the window to the world. Flying around you do not change an object at all while you do Pan, Zoom or Tumble)

and a transformation of the object (Using tools as Transform or Align instead actually moves the object in its world)

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report