Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I join between mesh and mesh?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
park2792
289 Views, 1 Reply

How can I join between mesh and mesh?

I have to join knockle with finger, but the inside mesh is messy... So I cannot use "Join" function... 

Do you know how I can join this disconected part? Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 1.02.37 AM.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nkloski
in reply to: park2792

Join is a good answer.  If the Join tool (for whatever reason) is not working, select one part of one finger and one corresponding part of one hand and use the Bridge tool (Ctrl-B).  Then do the same for the opposite side.  Then do the same for the remaining two sides.  The goal would be that the bridge does the heavy lifting for creating the surfaces, then the remaining "holes" can be filled without too much distortion.

An alternate way would be to use the bridge tool on one part....now that both parts are connected, use something like the Sculpt robust smooth tool, or zipper tool (with refinement sliders turned up fairly high) to "zipper" closed the area.  Turn off "volumetric" in those tools if you don't want other geometry to be affected.

Nick Kloski
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report