Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holes in the surface.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
dggrant
754 Views, 7 Replies

Holes in the surface.

I (and a couple of others) have been trying to fix the holes in the outer mesh of this rose without success.

I have reached the point that I am trying to find some other software that might work but Kevin Kennedy (YouTube tutorials for Fusion 360) suggested I might find someone here who can help. I hope so. My plan is to give these to my wife, daughter, daughter-in-law, and granddaughters. It is a very nice model except for the two defects in the rose.

Thanks in advance.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3423963

https://www.thingiverse.com/download:6057411

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
hfcandrew
in reply to: dggrant

Go to analysis - inspector - Auto Repair All:

Rose.png

Message 3 of 8
dggrant
in reply to: hfcandrew

Nope, doesn’t do it. Sure sounds like it would though, doesn’t it? And if
you do auto it makes a mess of the whole thing.
Message 4 of 8
hfcandrew

interesting. Works fine for me.

What slicer are you using?

What printer are you using?

Can you send a screen cast of how the problem looks to you?

Message 5 of 8
dggrant

The holes are in the bottom exterior of the rose. The slicer does not matter Slic3r, Cura, and Voxelizer all show the same thing and print the same way. If you look closely at the rose in the thingiverse pictures you can see them. This is the largest one. The other is to the left and is smaller.This is the largest one. The other is to the left and is smaller.

Message 6 of 8
hfcandrew

I think I see what you mean on the pic of the print from thingiverse, I see a little dark spot there which looks like it could be a hole in the print.

This file has a lot of noise and unconnected triangles. Go: Edit-Separate Shells, this makes about a dozen 'noise shells' shells for me. Delete these, then auto-repair. Then to be safe go over the 'problem' areas with the robust smooth sculpting tool. Then make Edit-Makes Solid, with like a .2mm offset (warning: potential 5+ min compute time).

Zoom way in to double check the layer lines in the slicer before printing to make sure its not creating a hole.

Message 7 of 8
dggrant

I'll give this a try. When I have used Make Solid in the past it gave the model a solid top, but I used the stock parameters. I am new...especially to Meshmixer so I do appreciate the help. 

Message 8 of 8
dggrant

Yes! It worked! Thank you! I spent a lot of hours trying to fix this thank you so much for solving it. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report