Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - When Generatingsupports it changes the size of mymodel

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nez52
239 Views, 2 Replies

Help - When Generatingsupports it changes the size of mymodel

Hello,

So i put my model into MeshMixer and generate supports its changing the size of the model itself, i udnerstand it sould change a bit with the supports etc, but the model itself has added an extra 10-15mm on the x,y,z. I have attached screenshots not sureif someone can advise why.Image1.jpgImage2.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MagWeb
in reply to: nez52

MM doesn't change the size of a supported object. You need to understand the way MM describes coordinate spaces.

There are two spaces (two kinds of bounding boxes):

The World space bounding box and the object's individual bounding box which is a LocalFrame.

At the moment you add an object to the scene MM defines both frames. Both are equal at that very state (image left).

Now, if you do some rotation, the object's World-relative-dimensions might change (image middle green) while its LocalFrame stays the same (image middle grey).

If you add stuff (as supports) to the object the LocalFrame bounding box (image right blue) might be much bigger than the local bounding box of the source object (image right light blue).

frames Kopie.jpg

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 3 of 3
nez52
in reply to: MagWeb

ah okay, thank you very much for your response

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report